You can always read articles about the glamour associated with management consulting, but the best way of gauging an area of work is through internal blogs. I came across this blog that's written by a guy who's been there for long. He has worked for the Big 3, and writes about things from travel-essentials to corporate-marriage counselling to sunk costs.
For a more comprehensive list:
- Steve Shu Consulting - http://steveshuconsulting.com
- Consultant Ninja - http://www.consultantninja.com
- Management Consulted - http://managementconsulted.com/c... (This site has a number of "day in the life" interviews with consultants - I did one herehttp://managementconsulted.com/c...)
- Killer Consultant - http://www.killerconsultant.com
- Consultant Insider - http://consultantinsider.blogspo...
- The Analyst - http://banalyst.wordpress.com
- Tom Spencer’s Blog - http://www.tomspencer.com.au
- MindShare Consulting - http://mindshareconsulting.com
- The Source Blog - http://www.sourceforconsulting.c...
- The Crazy Lives of Consultants - http://crazyconsultant.blogspot.com
- Consulting Ideas - http://consulting-ideas.com/cate...
- Consultant's Mind - http://consultantsmind.com
- High Flying Ladies - http://www.highflyingladies.com/...
- PhD Consultant - https://phdconsultant.wordpress.com
- Working with McKinsey - http://workingwithmckinsey.blogs...
- Bain Voices - http://bainvoices.wordpress.com/